Monday, August 8, 2011

Plugged-In Parenting: How to Raise Media-Savvy Kids with Love, Not War

Print
Plugged-in Parenting: How to Raise Media-Savvy Kids with Love, Not War  -     
        By: Bob Waliszewski

After reading Plugged-In Parenting by Bob Waliszewski, I now know there are more better ways to supervise my teenagers' screen time and entertainment choices.

With book sections on "Deciding Where You Stand" (as the parent), "Making Rules Without Making Enemies," and "Keeping the Peace and Passing It On", the author shares his principles and possible scenarios for implementing them.  The author's conversational-style of writing make this book easy to read and understand.  It is as he is sitting in the room with you answering any questions that may arise.

I enjoyed this book and was able to garner better ways to oversee my teenagers' entertainment choices.  I like the way he teaches us to look at the heart-issue, instead of just making rules.  Since I am a rule maker, this is something I really needed to hear.  He guides you through the principles of why choices are good or bad, and how to work with your family to minimize arguments over them.

Bob Waliszewski includes a chapter on the technology of today that our youth are  using.  He discusses the different types, cyber bullying, appropriateness of its uses, and how to monitor their time on the electronics.

Overall, this book gives parents a good starting point to raising "media-savvy kids with love, not war."

My star rating 4.5 out of 5 stars.

Tyndale House Publishers has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book for my honest review.

 
Blessings,

     Ellen

0 thoughts shared:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts with me! I look forward to getting to know you better.

If you do not wish to sign-in, please email me your comments and I will post them. Due to too many spam comments, I have chosen to close the comments to anonymous users. Thank you for understanding. ~ Ellen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...