Sunday, May 22, 2011

Scripture Sunday

Print

Psalm 1

(NIV)

The Lone Cypress

 1 Blessed is the one
   who does not walk in step with the wicked
or stand in the way that sinners take
   or sit in the company of mockers,
2 but whose delight is in the law of the LORD,
   and who meditates on his law day and night.
3 That person is like a tree planted by streams of water,
   which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither—
   whatever they do prospers.
 4 Not so the wicked!
   They are like chaff
   that the wind blows away.
5 Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment,
   nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.
 6 For the LORD watches over the way of the righteous,
   but the way of the wicked leads to destruction.



 
    

4 comments:

  1. This the first chapter my daughter learned. She was four and we illustrated it with magazine pictures. I still have that precious notebook. Now she's teaching her own children the beauty of Bible memory. Thank you for reminding me. My favorite verse is "But his delight is in the law of the Lord and in his law does he meditate day and night."

    Blessings,
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever they do prospers....yes, God is true to His Word! I am 54 years old and I can honestly say that whatever I do prospers! Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite Psalms and one of the first passage of Scripture I ever memorized!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful picture and scripture. Thank you or sharing.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts with me! I look forward to getting to know you better.

If you do not wish to sign-in, please email me your comments and I will post them. Due to too many spam comments, I have chosen to close the comments to anonymous users. Thank you for understanding. ~ Ellen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...