Saturday, April 9, 2011

Spring storms and garden news - 2011

Print
The garden has taken a beating this spring.  Since our hail storm, we had another severe weather outbreak with hail predicted.  Yeah, right... give me a break.  Even though I am a slow-learner, I did get the garden covered with a huge tarp and staked it down with tent stakes.  Check it out...



Then, since my husband and I both enjoy storms, we sat on the front porch and watched it roll in...




Thankfully, we did not receive the full brunt of the storm as it went north of Chattanooga.  Watching the storm leave was cool, too!



I wasn't sure if the garden survived the first hail storm, but today I found blooms on the tomato and strawberry plants.





    

0 thoughts shared:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts with me! I look forward to getting to know you better.

If you do not wish to sign-in, please email me your comments and I will post them. Due to too many spam comments, I have chosen to close the comments to anonymous users. Thank you for understanding. ~ Ellen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...