Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Homekeeper's Journal - March 29, 2011

Print

This week’s Homekeeper’s Journal is about This And That!

In My Kitchen this week……….. creamed pork chops, Buffalo Chicken wraps, pizza at our favorite pizza store (Mr. T's), Asian chicken, homemade instant oatmeal packets for breakfast, and chocolate pudding cake.

In My Yard …….. nice, green grass coming up after months of feeding, weeding and watering!  In my raised garden box, I have broccoli, spinach, romaine lettuce and tomatoes.  Pray that I don't lose the to the never-ending rain and the massive hail storm on Saturday.  If it ever dries out, I'll be planting snow peas and green beans.

I’ve been thinking …. how best to use my time.  I keep coming across a time management ebook written by a blogger for bloggers.  I haven't broken down to buy it, but it sure keeps my mind on how I do use my time.

What motivates me more than anything else is ….. providing the education and upbringing that not only prepares our teens for their adult lives, but also their walk with God.  I know I need to spend more time with them preparing their hearts and watering any seeds that have been planted over the year(s).  Now, more so than ever, since my 17 year olds will be dual-enrolling at a local college for their senior year.

My Devotional life and walk with Christ …. is sorely lacking.  I was reading through Beth Moore's book on John, but haven't picked it up for a while a long time.  Now sounds like a good time to open it again.  (Especailly since I've publicly admitted it!)  I am also reading through The Passion of Jesus Christ by John Piper during this season of Lent.

I struggle ….. with getting everything done that I put on my daily to do list.  I believe I have an unhealthy level of expectation... and think I have more hours in the day than the good Lord gave us!

I dread …. Thursday mornings and driving my teens to their 8 AM Chemistry class!

But I look forward …. hearing about their class and friends as we drive home and finish our schooling for the day.

How are things going at your house?



    

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed reading this post.

    I hope that your garden is okay. I'm worried about ours as well. The storms have been pretty relentless, supposed to start back up again tonight.:/

    I need to work on my time management and spending time with God as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts with me! I look forward to getting to know you better.

If you do not wish to sign-in, please email me your comments and I will post them. Due to too many spam comments, I have chosen to close the comments to anonymous users. Thank you for understanding. ~ Ellen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...