Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thankful Hearts

Print
During this Thanksgiving season, I take the time to consider all the blessings in my life.  I am thankful for my family. 

Rod, my husband, is the sole bread-winner and works very hard to supply our needs (and wants).  He is a realtor, and even though we have had some months of no paychecks (like 3 months straight!), our bills are paid on time and we have more than enough food.

My oldest son, Robert, married a wonderful woman in July... welcome to the family, Mallorie!  They have moved to Texas to be close to his son, Xander.  They are working on putting Christ first in their life.  What more can you ask for?

Matt, Melissa, and Michael continue to bless my life in how they complete their schoolwork and participate in outside activities - Matt's theater, Melissa's sports, and Michael's good-natured personality and love of camping! A smile, a hug, an "I love you, Mom" all make my heart sing!  God has made each one so unique that they all bring special blessing to our family!

I'm thankful to have my parents living near us.  They moved to our area in January, and since they are snowbirds, are still acclimating to the area.  They are active in our lives and the lives of our children. 



I thank the LORD for his many blessing we receive year round.  Many of them we don't even recognize or acknowledge.  Others seem so trivial... the sunrise, a flower blooming, a garden growing, a cool breeze on a warm night.....  I could go on forever.  The truth is... "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." ~ John 3.16 (NIV).  God's greatest blessing to me came when I was a sinner and in opposition to Him, and He still sent Jesus to die for my sins!

This post is linked to No Ordinary Blog Hop.

Ellen

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ellen!
    Beautiful post and it sounds like you have a wonderful family to be thankful for :) Thank you for linking up to our No Ordinary Blog Hop -Thankful Hearts and sharing your post with everyone! Have a blessed weekend and Thanksgiving! I'm also now following you :)
    Tracy at "A Slice of Smith Life"
    http://www.asliceofsmithlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts with me! I look forward to getting to know you better.

If you do not wish to sign-in, please email me your comments and I will post them. Due to too many spam comments, I have chosen to close the comments to anonymous users. Thank you for understanding. ~ Ellen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...