Friday, November 26, 2010

Peace and Joy

Print
This week I have been reading about PEACE and JOY. I don't know about you, but mine is running in short supply (not good since we are just entering the Christmas season). 



Romans 5.1-2

"Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God."   (NIV)

First, I need to remember that Jesus meets me exactly where I am.  I do not need to "fix myself" before coming to Him.  God is waiting to shower me with His grace and glory; I just need to throw open the door to Him.

Romans 5.3-5

"Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance;  perseverance, character; and character, hope.  And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us."   (NIV)


Secondly, I am reminded to praise God even in times of trouble - loss of a job, sickness, home/car repairs, financial struggles, etc.  I am to stand in heightened expectancy in what God will do next, always looking for God's generosity and blessings into my life.  The above scripture hints at the abundance of blessing that He pours into the lives of believers.  Thank you God!

Ellen

0 thoughts shared:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts with me! I look forward to getting to know you better.

If you do not wish to sign-in, please email me your comments and I will post them. Due to too many spam comments, I have chosen to close the comments to anonymous users. Thank you for understanding. ~ Ellen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...