Thursday, November 4, 2010

Encouragement from Online Communities

Print
Today's question from The Home School Village is, "Why are you thankful for online communities! Do you love making connections, sharing knowledge or just socializing in your jammies? Have you ever received special encouragement or support from online communities? Do share!"

I began blogging because of a friend's blog was IS awesome!  Kris walked me through the baby steps of blogging and I still ask for her input.  She is an encourager both in person and online. 

I have made connections with other women who also home educate, try to seek God daily, and like need to save money.  There are so many creative, intelligent, wisdom-filled blogs; I just can't follow them all, all the time.  SHUCKS!  I am in awe of their writing skills and humor as they walk through the good times and the bad.

How are you encouraged by your online community?

Ellen

4 comments:

  1. It is funny how we seek to grow our community of followers but we end up really only connecting with the few that we feel closest too. I am so grateful for the community I am developing of other women, mothers and wives who made the choice to homeschool. I can't say I am "new" to it, as it is almost a year since I withdrew my daughter but I feel that I have changed so much that the place I am in now is new to me. The support, encouragement and wisdom I receive from my friends is treasured. I look forward to their comments and I appreciate the off-blog emails with things to try, sites to look at and words of encouragement. I just love this world of blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading the posts on your blog. I would like to invite you to come on over to my blog and check it out. God's blessings. Lloyd

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and following. Love your site. We are isolated where we live so I thrive on the online support. I tried to follow but it would not let me:( If you know what is wrong and let me know I will follow back. I will check back in a couple of days too. Thanks for joining in the Thankful blog hop.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay I got through must be very slow today Looking forward to reading more of your blog:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts with me! I look forward to getting to know you better.

If you do not wish to sign-in, please email me your comments and I will post them. Due to too many spam comments, I have chosen to close the comments to anonymous users. Thank you for understanding. ~ Ellen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...