Thursday, August 19, 2010

What's in your stack of books?

Print

I just love a good stack of books.  Don't you?  I believe the hardest part of reading through a pile of good books is where to start!  Here are some of the authors I read either for enjoyment, and/or to further my Christian walk into a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ.



We all have a list of books we love or specific authors who seem to write directly to us.

As a home schooling mom, I enjoy some simple Christian fiction when we are not "in school." Some of my favorite authors are Karen Kingsbury, LaVyrle Spencer, Neta Jackson (Yada Yada Prayer Group), and Elizabeth Musser to name a few.

I have also thoroughly enjoyed some great Christian Historical Fiction. My most favorite has been The Flames of Rome by Paul Maier. I am now on the hunt to find more of these books. I read it to prepare to teach Ancient History and fell in love with it. 

I also enjoy the writings of Michael Phillips and Alton Gansky.  These authors write Christian mystery novels. 


I have just borrowed Susan Wise Bauer's book The Well-Educated Mind from the local library.  I am looking forward to gleaning a lot of new information on how to help one of my kids.

Leave a comment and let me know what is on your bookshelf? or stack?  I would love to hear what books and authors inspire you and hopefully, find some more books to read and enjoy!

Happy Reading!


0 thoughts shared:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts with me! I look forward to getting to know you better.

If you do not wish to sign-in, please email me your comments and I will post them. Due to too many spam comments, I have chosen to close the comments to anonymous users. Thank you for understanding. ~ Ellen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...